The American Coalition for Ukraine believes in democracy, freedom, human rights and dignity for all people, and in particular for Ukrainians who are giving their lives in defense of these principles. Our Coalition partners call the United States home, but many of us share historic experiences of oppression, violence, and war in our countries of origin and ancestral homelands — many times at the hands of Russian imperialism. We wholeheartedly support Ukraine in its defense of the universal values of freedom and human dignity.
On October 22-24, in Washington DC, the American Coalition for Ukraine convened the third Ukraine Action Summit. Over 450 participants from 34 states attended 220 meetings with Congressional representatives to urge Congress to pass measures to bring Ukraine closer to victory. Participants also joined expert panel sessions, networked and made connections between organizations, and unfurled the world’s largest Ukrainian flag near the Washington Monument. Watch Video overview of the Ukraine Action Summit, Fall 2023
Ukraine Action Summit, Spring 2024
Together, as Americans, we stand in solidarity behind an unequivocal victory and lasting security for Ukraine. We are guided by our principles, which include support for:
- Ukraine’s right to self-determination and territorial integrity
- Free democratic & civic institutions in Ukraine
- Respecting human rights and human dignity in Ukraine
- Ukraine defending its people from external aggression
- Ukraine’s economic recovery and prosperity
The mission of the Coalition is to bring together diverse organizations that:
- Support American policies aimed at strengthening Ukraine’s defense, sovereignty, and reconstruction;
- Promote efforts that strengthen U.S. relations with Ukraine;
- Serve as a strong voice in support of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity;
- Provide educational resources to elected officials and the American public about Ukraine’s history, culture, and positive impact on the world;
- Implement critical work in both the U.S. and Ukraine to support and encourage Ukrainian prosperity and sovereignty.
Launch of the American Coalition for Ukraine in front of the White House. Pictured here is UCCA Executive Vice President and the Director of the Ukrainian National Information Service, Michael Sawkiw.